Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why only on Valentine's Day?


"Happy Valentine's Day! And if this is news to you, my guess is you're probably alone. Valentine's Day is often times a, well, it's a manufactured day that really doesn't mean anything."

-Jon Stewart


Mannnnn Valentine's Day (V day) is coming and this year, I'm dreading it more than ever. Not only is Valentine's Day a special day for the Christians, it's also a day for people worldwide to express their love to another (or others). I used to look forward to this day when I was in my secondary school days because I'd get loooovvveeeee from all of my friends. It's not that I have something against this special day. Let me tell you why this seemingly "special" day doesn't really go well with me.

  1. It's fun and special for couples who have just started out. The period where they do not mind spending on each other. It also means getting broke by the end of the week due to "blind spending". Haha

  2. Solo rangers. They'll feel lonely if all their friends are going out with their lovers, if they don't have a good movie to watch at home, etc. Unless those cheeky and naughty ones decide to prank others. Or.. maybe just go clubbing. Haha get wasted and let the day slip by.
     
  3. Anti-cliche couples might have a breeze at coming up with what they're gonna surprise each other with other than the mundane stuffs people do on V day. Unless they're out of creative juices. I get that all the time. And it's really stressful you know.

  4. On V day, or maybe the night of V day, it'd be crowded at the restaurants. And maybe the whole walkway, everywhere. Unless couples decide to spend their V day at a quiet place, just the two of them. Heeheeheehee

  5. I hate this part. Partners who choose this day to express their love, as a way of making up for their lack of efforts for the past few months. Isn't being in a relationship about making your partner feel special, at all times? V day is just a "special day" and on a "special day", you treat someone who's already special "extra special". Truth is, everyone gets remembered on V day suddenly. Because it's V day.
I want V day to be everyday. Okay maybe once in a while. Haha I wouldn't want to see people being broke all year long. I'd rather have "special days" and feel special often than to feel special and to be treated to something special only once a year, on V day. That'd be a very sad life, no? If you're in a team, it takes two hands to clap. Clapping with one hand would be.. um i don't even wanna think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me if you like this post! (: