Monday, October 14, 2013

My Grass Is Still As Green

I've been pondering on the clichéd phrase "the grass is greener on the other side".

Who ever came up with that phrase? "They say.." "Someone said.."
Who?

It's quite superficial I must say, to just peep through the fence to the other side and claim that the grass on the other side is way greener, way lusher, and better than where you're standing. In a world where change is the only constant, everywhere and anywhere can be "greener", "lusher" and "better" with time.

It all depends on how much substance you've got to make it all better for yourself, and possibly for others too.

This surprisingly full of ups and downs year, I've been pouring my soul and life onto a new bandwagon to grow my greeneries. I was asked to change my mindset. To accept the beauty of delayed gratification. And indeed, I'm seeing things from a whole lot of different perspectives now.

Recently, I attended a training on becoming a better leader and business builder. It was so inspirational that I could feel my gears moving once more. I saw people, at their end's wit and with full desperation, carve out a future for themselves. And fix themselves.

Haryani Othman, local celebrity from Suria Channel's Yakult Klinik Kita Makeover
This lady has tried various ways to lose weight. I've heard from some people that she couldn't sit on plastic chairs for fear that they would fall apart. It really amazed me that she took the step to go for the weight management and body shaping program in my business, under a fellow doctor consultant. What more, to appear on tv to show her progress! Such a brave woman. She is making her own patch of grass greener, alright. And possibly, change the lives of many others who are like her. Sometimes, we really have to make that small change in ourselves in order to impact others.

Nur, a soft-spoken lady who's earning a five-figure income.
This is another lady whom I really look up to. Albeit soft-spoken, she managed to earn a five-figure income through hard work! She told the audience that her husband wasn't the least bit supportive of her when she started the business. He even asked her to quit. Well guess what, after she proved to her husband that she can earn much more in the business as compared to her engineering job, he asked her to quit her engineering job and continue with the business.

Well yes, I'm also looking forward to earning a five-figure income in this business. The grass patch that I'm on now, is pretty much fertile. I have all other gardeners working together with me to grow our grass patches. What could be better? Peeping through the fence to the other side and be saturated with envy, or working on your own fertile ground and bring others with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me if you like this post! (: