Thursday, February 13, 2014

Complex Simplicity

I'm treading on quite fine on my second day of the 100 Happy Days challenge. This notion of finding happiness in the littlest and simplest of things is slowly resonating within my being. I woke up today with quite an unusual level of enthusiasm to smile at everything and everyone and just feel happy. And to let happiness seep into my soul and besprinkle it onto everything around me like sparkly specks of fairy dust.

Today, what makes me happy and grateful to still be alive is clean, fresh air.



Positive vibes do get transferred from one particle to another easily. The same goes for negative vibes. (I'll show my rice experiment related to this one day)

Back to the topic on clean, fresh air. I realized I've been taking for granted mother nature's supply of clean, fresh air. I've never really stopped or even slowed down to just breathe all the magic in. It all started after an unfortunate tormenting phase in my life a while back. To block off any unwanted thoughts, I made sure I was occupied with activities and work. I was busier, and I was alright. Alright and numb though. I was always on the move, and never really laid my eyes upon anything long enough to appreciate whatever that was around me. I guess being busy was and still is my route of escape. To fill up my mind, hoping that it'd block off unwanted thoughts.

This morning, I went out of my house slightly earlier than usual, just to breathe in all the clean, fresh air that I've been taking for granted. All thanks to the man in the picture above. He said clean, fresh air is rare nowadays. Air pollution from smoking, vehicles and whatnot fills up every nooks and crannies of our living spaces. So when you get the chance to enjoy free supply of clean, fresh air, make sure you breathe in deep and let all of the oxygen sit in your tummy for a while. Oxygen scares the cancer cells away and it keeps your heart and lungs healthy. And I did breathe in deep and breathe out slowly. I felt lighter and happier. It's as if the carbon dioxide that escapes carries out all the troubles along with it.

Here's to Day 2 of the 100 Happy Days challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me if you like this post! (: