Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My 100 Happy Days

Making changes is hard once you're stuck in a routine. Routines put you in a rut. They make everything seem vanilla and mundane. You don't need to look forward to anything because there's really nothing to look forward to.

I came across this website: http://100happydays.com/ just yesterday. I love challenges so yes, I decided to take part in this 100 Happy Days challenge. I was a day late in finding or even accepting what really makes me happy on that day. It was quite hard for me I must say, since I'm always rushing to places.

As I'm munching on my lettuce and Let Her Go by Passenger is playing on repeat, let me tell you the wonders of this 100 Happy Days challenge.

Smart alecs always say happiness is free and can be found everywhere and anywhere. Happiness is quite subjective. What makes me happy might not make another person happy, and vice versa. This 100 Happy Days challenge did make my heart skip a few beats, like some kinda dubstep beat. Because it's a challenge and I love challenges.

When I saw this at the end of the customary sign up page, my heart was already racing like a sprinter's.


I guess I was more interested in finding out what really makes me happy. That's the challenge.

You should listen to Let Her Go by Passenger. Listening to it makes me realize how much things I've been taking for granted. It also made me question my rationales for doing certain things.

So today, I decided to put a challenge on top of a challenge.






The challenge was to survive a normal day in Singapore with just $5 (of course I brought spare for emergencies). I had to wake up slightly earlier to make sure I catch the train by 7 to CBD area. I found out that when I tap out by 745am, my ride would be free. Well of course, I didn't manage to hit that timing. I was 15 minutes over the timing in fact. However, what made me happy was the adrenaline rush I got while being on this challenge. I didn't use to bother much about spending (though I'm broke most of the time because of spending recklessly). It was something new to me -tracking down to the smallest details of my expenditures.

I guess this is what I'll need every day. Something to be happy about; something to distract me from life's troubles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me if you like this post! (: